so, i’ve been sucked into the world of facebook. what to know more about me? this is from my profile, in which i was tagged to list 25 random things about me.
1. I hate being tagged to list 25 random things about me.
2. I have an unhealthy attraction to jacked-up vampire teeth in the manner of Ricky Gervais, Billy Corgan & David Bowie (pre-orthodontia).
3. I have an unhealthy attraction to Ricky Gervais. Seriously. I resisted the American Office for years under the pretense of fierce allegiance to the Rickster. And I have a framed art print of him. Hanging in my apartment. For public consumption.
4. I took a Magical Mystery Tour in Liverpool, England, where I saw Strawberry Field (no ‘s’), The Cavern, and the roundabout where the pretty nurse sold puppies from a tray.
5. I am three degrees from Kevin Bacon. If you know me, you are four degrees.
6. I am fascinated by the history, structure, function, art, and social impact of the London Underground. One of my life goals is to visit every single station. Especially Cockfosters.
7. I am a librarian and I hate reading non-fiction. I’m working on it, though. See my blog.
8. I would wear Converse every single day if I could.
9. I have an unhealthy obsession with the number 9.
10. Apparently, I have a lot of unhealthy attractions and/or obsessions.
11. I like mashups.
12. I applied and was accepted to graduate schools in Liverpool and London and didn’t go because of the cost. I totally regret it.
13. I love making things. Especially the process, the learning, the failures, the successes…
14. I made All-State band in high school on the clarinet and haven’t played a single note since the day of my high school graduation.
15. I used to have to be drunk to sing when playing Rock Band.
16. I own more than 5 copies of Pride & Prejudice and have no intention of not getting more.
17. I love to cook with my friends.
18. I don’t like normal.
19. I love discussing linguistics.
20. I have plans to get a crafty Dewey Decimal tattoo.
21. I was born with a cleft lip and palate and have had 10 surgeries.
22. I am a hard-core Anglophile.
23. I might be making stuff up to finish this list.
24. I want to own and restore an old house.
25. If you’ve ever come to my library and done something weird, I have a name for you.